“Covid-19 brings the nation to a standstill!” “PM Modi extends lockdown in India.” These headlines flooded every media platform forcing travel and outdoor leisure to come to an abrupt halt. With high chances of human interactions spreading the deadly Coronavirus the option of inbound and outbound travel no longer exists. Thus, making every traveller’s worst nightmare come to life.
Summer vacation has been cancelled this year, and everyday feels like a never-ending marathon. Life suddenly seems to be stripped of its fundamentals without the thrill and excitement of travel. So, how do you subdue the itch to travel? What do you do to overcome the quietness, restricted access, and boredom within your four-wall confines?
How can a Traveler spend his/her time during this quarantine?
To help you soothe your restless soul, here are a few tips that will calm your active spirit while you settle into your new vacation zone at home.
- Watch Travel Movies: As far as travelling is concerned, it won’t be happening any time soon, so why not consider sending your mind on a trip by rolling a tape? Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos and Hotstar offer a great selection of movies to please your travel-hungry soul. Some great movie titles you may want to explore include, Into the Wild, The Motorcycle Diaries, Eat, Pray, Love, Encounters at the End of the World, The Bucket List, The Way Back, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (Hindi), Queen (Hindi).
- Edit a Video or Create Content: Quarantine content is the new normal, so if you have new ideas give them a whirl. Time is in your favour to create fresh content, upscale raw footage, and capture a broader audience. If you’ve never vlogged or blogged before about your travels, now’s the time to get started!
- Family Time: Being continuously on the go means less family time. To rekindle connections with your loved ones, spend time at home catching up, playing board games, learning family recipes, planning family trips, and call those living away.
- Prepare Your Portfolio: If you plan to make a living through your travels and experiences, use your time in quarantine to work on your portfolio and online presence. Go through your best pictures of the adventures you’ve had over the years, and share your experiences online. Once you receive sufficient traction online, reach out to travel firms to sponsor your posts or next trip.
- Take Rest: Journeying from one place to the next can lead to jet lag, exhaustion, and the need to get used to climate changes. By being home throughout the day, you have the excuse to chill out, listen to the wind, to music, imagine the beach, and do nothing while you recuperate from your weary travels. After all, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all.
As you can see, home quarantine for a traveler isn’t a misfortune. It’s an opportunity to do things you want to but haven’t had the time for while on the comforts of your couch. So, stay home, stay safe, and make the most of the lockdown in India.
Here is my lockdown video, with a bit of entertainment and fun, to kill your boredom. How are you spending you lockdown? Leave you thought in the comments section below!