Who doesn’t love brownies? Well, I do know of some people who aren’t really a fan of brownies but most of the people (like me) would never say “No” to brownies. Brownies are usually not too sweet like other chocolate pastries and perfect for those who like mild-sweet desserts. Again, it depends on how they are prepared – I don’t like extremely sweet food products and hence I ensure that I try to bake it that way.
Well, I’ve always enjoyed baking since I was 15 years old. I got this trait from my mother who in turn got it from her father. So, you know – it’s in the family :P. Out of all that I’ve baked, what I love the most and have got my hands on, is the carrot cake, Goan traditional baht, and the choco-chip cookies. So today, I thought I should try something different – let’s take the risk. And here I came up with a unique twist which I call the Banana-Chocolate Brownie. Let me tell you, that this is an eggless & super-easy brownie recipe, so you need not worry about missing out on your craving just because you’re following a veg diet.
Let me be frank – I am not so good at compiling recipes but I’ve tried to put it out in the best way possible & trust me, it’s super simple!
Eggless Banana-Chocolate Brownie Recipe
3/4 cup All-purpose flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2-3 fully ripe bananas
1 Medium sized unsweetened chocolate bar
1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1 pinch Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/4 cup nuts (almonds or cashews – optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C for at least 15 minutes. Take a baking pan and grease it with butter & line it with parchment paper with sides up.
2. Take butter and chocolate in a bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
3. Once melted, keep adding sugar & vanilla extract and stir or whisk till it becomes smooth.
4. Peel the bananas and with the help of a fork or spoon, mash the bananas thoroughly. Add this to the chocolate mixture.
5. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients
6. Now, add the melted chocolate batter into the dry ingredients bowl & mix it until everything is incorporated well. You can now add the almonds or cashews.
7. Pour the batter into prepared pan & even it out with a spatula
8. Bake it into the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Use a toothpick to check if the brownie is cooked thoroughly. (It should remain a little moist)
9. Let the brownie cool completely in the pan. As it cools it will deflate a bit.
10. Then remove brownie out of the pan with the help of parchment paper & cut it into sizes of your choice
11. Serve with Vanilla Ice-cream
Pro Tip: Try to use lesser sugar as the ripe bananas are excessively sweet
The banana along with chocolate adds a rich & unforgettable flavour to the brownie. It’s a pretty simple recipe and won’t consume too much of your time. So, spend your weekend, baking these delicious Eggless Banana-Chocolate Brownie Recipe & don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more such recipes & food reviews, do check out my colourful food feed right here on Instagram at ‘That Foodaholic Panda’.